How to Keep a Positive Attitude
December 5, 2006
Reshaping your thoughts isn’t an easy thing to do. It can be done, though. And once you begin forming positive thoughts to combat a negative attitude, it will get easier with practice. Here are some tried and true tips to help you keep that positive attitude.
1) Be thankful. Say, “Thank you,” for everything, big and small. Express your gratitude every day and you’ll find more and more things every day to be thankful for.
2) Smile often. The best way to get rid of worry is to turn your frown upside down. Smile, even when you don’t feel like it. Smile at a stranger. Smile at a child. Smile at yourself in the mirror.
3) Use positive affirmations daily. What are the top three negative thoughts that bother you most every day? Sit down right now and write them on a sheet of paper. Now write three positive affirmations to take the place of the negative thoughts. Carry them and say them every day.
4) Journal your thoughts. Many women hold repressed anger and frustration deep inside. They’re too afraid to share their innermost thoughts and feelings for fear they’ll hurt someone else. But holding all this inside hurts you. Start journaling all those feelings. Get them out on paper and you’ll feel a sweet release. If you’re afraid someone will read the ugly words, burn your journal when you reach the end of the book.
5) Release the anger. Again, anger is almost always at the root of any negative thought. Releasing your anger is imperative to maintaining a positive attitude. Find something that works for you and do it.
6) Be flexible. It doesn’t take a genius to understand that every day won’t be bliss. Nevertheless, you can make any day a good day, despite your circumstance. If you’re having a bad day, be nice to yourself. Love yourself and nurture the wounded or broken pieces. Tomorrow is a new day.
7) Avoid stress. Don’t blindly walk into a situation that you know will cause stress. Avoid stressful situations and people at all costs. Eliminating stress from your life will contribute to the nurturing of your positive attitude.
About the Author
Hope Wilbanks is an inspirational author who writes to motivate and encourage others. Watch for Hope’s new book The Self-Empowered Woman
http://www.theselfempoweredwoman.com — coming soon!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Hope_Wilbanks